dimanche 3 octobre 2010

CHERRY ON TOP AWARD FIRST BLOG AWARD


I need to clarify something first. I had recieved this blog award from Sally and was not aware of it. I was recovering from surgery then sept.10. So, today, I have learned from Sally that I had one, so this is technically my first blog award, but posted after my second one from Brenda...hope this all makes sens. I am still quite happy with both of them. Love will do that to you everytime!




The rules for this award are:

  • Thank the person who gave me this award
  • Put the award on my blog
  • List 3 things I like about myself:
  1. I'm an open, friendly kind of gal, just like Sally!
  2. I've been writing my first novel forever...
  3. I would love to raise a dog just like "Daddy", Cesar's pittbull.
Pass the award to 5 other lovely people:

Carol- Chocolate, Crafts and bears, Oh My!
Michelle-Figments of my imagination
Linda-Lovely Linda's Craft Central
Crystal-Crystal's Crafty Creations
Patricia-Stamping with Kokirose

  • Post a picture I love:


This is a picture of Soelah I love. It was taken around 1971, she was 15. You know how most people have dogs as pets, we had ducks. Every Easter we would get a duck and call Bertrand, this was the first one by that name, and he was so well domesticated, that he would take walks with us to the corner store, and wait faithfully our return. He even crossed over when he saw the school bus lights flash at the end of the street, so he could greet us right off the bus. He was amazing. We all loved him, but I know Soelah was Bertrand's favorite person, she was so nice to him and he sensed it.

As some of you might know, I lost her to breast cancer 5 years ago it will be on december 2nd. She was 5 years older than I, but she was more like a mom to me, a best friend and a true soul mate. So when she left, it hit pretty hard. You go through the denial stages, then you get angry at the loved one for leaving you, then acceptance moves in and it is still scary because while it does, I was afraid I would forget her. How weird that was. October is Cancer awarness month, and I will be doing what I can, making cards, buying "pink" products in the hope that one day, cancer will be like the flu and we can have a vaccine for it. Until then, it is wise to keep healthy, and do what we need to be with our loved ones as long as they need us. Keep smiling, keep shining, life is worth living every second of it.

Hugs, Peggyxo






4 commentaires:

  1. Hi Peggy! Oh I'm so sorry about using your Marilyn name on my blog award post...I know you're really Peggy so I don't know what I was thinking of!! Please forgive me :)

    This is a very special photo - thank you for sharing it with us. You must feel the loss of Soelah very much. I lost my Mum to breast cancer when she was 52 and I miss her so much, even 20 years on. Hugs from Sally x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Peggy, I read your story and have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry about your Sister. I know it is so hard. I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer and it took him so fast-I know what you went/going through. Thank you so much for the award. I appreciate you thinking of me.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Peggy - thank you so much for sharing that beautiful, joyful photo and the story of Soelah. I am so sorry for your loss, and at the same time, so grateful that you were able to have such a special relationship during your time on this planet! Thank you so much for the beautiful award! That is soooo sweet of you! :) So glad you are enjoying Loving Frank! I hope you will enjoy the Book Thief as well - a fabulous book - I couldn't put it down! xoxo!!!! me :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh Peggy, thanks for sharing this lovely photo of Soelah! I didn't know you had a duck as a pet! But it seems to fit, ya know? lol You know I understand how much you miss your sister, and that you carry a part of her with you always. I'm here for you, my dear friend!! <>

    RépondreSupprimer

Thank you for letting me know what you think.

Merci de me faire part de vos idées.